Hi everyone! Happy Monday! I’m looking forward to this week because we are heading up to DC Friday to visit friends. I’ve been meaning to get this post up for a while now… I can’t believe it’s been 6 months since the wedding! I’m finally getting around to sharing all of the details on my wedding hair & makeup.
I decided to do my own makeup after searching for TN makeup artists & not coming up with any that were available or affordable. I was nervous to have someone else do my makeup anyways. I wanted a simple, subtle, yet elegant & romantic look. My bridesmaid Cara did my eye makeup (not my strong suit) & it turned out perfect!
- Primer: Origins Original Skin Pore Perfecting Cooling Primer with Willowherb
- Foundation: Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation (#47)
- To apply, I use the beautyblender pro (round side)
- Concealer: Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Creme (#9)
- To apply, I use the beautyblender pro (pointed side)
- Setting powder: COVER FX Perfect Setting Powder
- Colored powder: Revlon PhotoReady Powder (Light/Medium)
- Contour: Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
- Bronzer: Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer
- Highlighter: Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Highlighter (Limited Edition – no longer available)
- Another similar one I love: Anastasia Beverly Hills Sugar Glow Kit
- Blush: NARS Blush in ‘Orgasm’
- Brushes: Tarte Cosmetics Pretty Things & Fairy Wings Brush Set (to apply powders, bronzer, & highlighter)
- Lip Liner: Kat Von D Everlasting Lip Liner (Lolita ‘Original Dusty Rose’)
- Lipstick: Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick (#05 ‘Infinite Rose’)
- Eyebrows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer (Medium Brown) & Benefit Cosmetics ka-BROW! Cream-Gel Eyebrow Color
- Eye shadow: LORAC Pro Palette 3
- Lashes: No mascara because I had gotten very dark extensions a few days before!
- Setting spray: Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
My hairdresser from Charlotte traveled to Pigeon Forge to do my hair & all of the bridesmaids. I had a hard time finding anyone local & lucky for me, she was willing to travel! I wanted all of the girls’ dos to be different but incorporate a messy braid, bun, or pony. Each one turned out beautiful. For my hair, I knew I wanted most of it down & curly, but also wanted some pulled back off of my face. After about 10 different tries, I fell in love with the twists & fishtail braid. She twisted a piece from each side a few times & then back into the fishtail braid. She left a couple of pieces curled in the front & curled the rest. To add a little sparkle, she placed 3 pearl & rhinestone pins into the fishtail. Similar styles can be found HERE & HERE.
Comment if you have any questions about my wedding hair & makeup, or anything wedding-related!! I have so many wedding photos I still want to share so stay tuned for more soon!